Friday, August 19, 2011
Router Being Stupid?
Ever type in a website in the address bar and you get redirected to a completely different site? (e.g. going to twitter but you get redirected to pricegrabber.com) I have been having this problem for a while. It's a software problem with the router that Linksys isn't even bothering to release a bug fix for it.
But you can (temporarily) fix this whenever you encounter it.
1. Click on the start button and type in CMD in the search box.
2. Right click the program and click on "Run as Administrator".
3. Type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotation marks.
4. Close CMD and restart your web browser.
5. If you still encounter the same DNS errors try restarting your computer.